Oct 12, 2017– Abhisam is pleased to announce a Fieldbus Training Workshop in Thane and Mumbai, India on 27th and 28th Oct 2017. The workshop will cover major aspects of Fieldbus technology with theory as well as practical exercises on transmitters and valves, connected to a popular DCS. The workshop will be led by an experienced Abhisam Subject Matter Expert, who has more than 27 years of experience in the field of Instrumentation & Control Systems, all over the world and has completed several Fieldbus projects with thousands of I/Os.
A Certificate of Participation will be provided to all who participate in the workshop.
This unique workshop will cover the following topics.
Day 1: 27th Oct 2017- Location: Thane (near Castle Mills)
Time: 09:00 to 17:00 with 30 mins lunch break
Brief Outline of Topics Covered (Classroom Course)
1. Introduction to Bus Networks, types and Fieldbus Technology
2. Evolution from legacy measurement and control techniques
3. Introduction to FOUNDATION Fieldbus, HART and Profibus protocols
4. OSI Model
5. Physical Layer Characteristics, H1, H2, HSE Networks
6. Foundation Fieldbus (FF) Power Supplies and Sizing
7. FF Topologies such as Daisy Chain, Chicken Foot, etc
8. FF Data Link Layer, Cyclic and Acyclic Communications, Link Master, Link Active Scheduler
9. FF User Layer, various blocks such as Transducer block, PID blocks, etc, Control in Field concept, Macrocycles.
10. Design Engineering considerations for a Fieldbus project
Day 2: 28th Oct 2017- Location : Mumbai suburbs
Time: 10:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs with 30 min lunch break
On this day the participants will be taken to a lab having a setup of vessels, pumps and piping with installed Fieldbus transmitters & valves and a DCS. They will be demonstrated various practical exercises such as
1. Planning and setting up a Fieldbus segment
2. Commissioning of FF devices and interfacing with a DCS
3. Implementing Control in the Field with smart positioners
3. Troubleshooting various problems
Seats are very limited as Abhisam wants it to be a small focused group and the fees are exceptionally low, as compared to any Fieldbus workshop with a comparable coverage. Contact us at [email protected] or call us on +91 22 21732956 to enroll.
For the moment these workshops will be held only in India and not the US.
If you are looking for a comprehensive e-learning Fieldbus course then take a look at our Fieldbus E-learning course here. After you get the course and take the associated exam, you can get a Certificate of Competency and an Electronic Badge as well, that you can share online.