April 26, 2017– Abhisam is pleased to announce a practical cum theory training workshop on AC Variable Frequency Drives at their Thane training center in Thane, India. The workshop will include both the theory and practical applications involving this technology. Led by industry experts with decades of experience in engineering, installation and maintenance of these systems, this is an opportunity not to be missed at all! The batch size is restricted to only 15 participants, on a first come first served basis. It will be conducted over two days in May 2017. Please contact [email protected] to enroll.
Known by alternate names such as Variable Speed Drives and Inverter Drives, this technology has become very popular, but there is a lot of knowledge gap between the state of the art today and what is taught as part of courses/curriculums at the college/university level. Engineers and technicians today need to understand not only how these VFDs work, they must also be able to do the following
- Understand the unique characteristics of the type of load (maybe pumps, fans, blowers, conveyors, hoists, belts and so on)
- Understand which AC Motor and Drive combination can work best for the application
- Make specifications and/or understand specifications made by the client/user
- Select the most suitable drive based on above
- Plan the control architecture, panel layout, functionality of the drive and input/output of the power and signal cables, connect the drive to other industrial systems like SCADA or PLC/DCS via Serial or MODBUS interfaces
- Install and correctly configure the drive (parameterization)
- Commission the drive
- Troubleshoot problems
This one of a kind workshop will enable the participant to do all this and more!