Update, July 2020: The in person workshops have been suspended due to the pandemic. You can take our excellent, self paced training programs with certification on hazardous area topics here.
Mar 2, 2017
Update: For those of you who missed this, we have two alternatives
Take our Software Based Training (XPRTU) on Hazardous Area Classification and Hazardous Area Instrumentation
Ask us to do an onsite training program for your company at your location.
Abhisam is pleased to announce a two day workshop on Hazardous Areas, in Thane on 27th and 28th Jan 2017. It will be led by a renowned Industry expert with decades of experience in working with hazardous areas and explosion protected equipment. The workshop will cover everything that you wanted to know about hazardous areas but did not know whom to ask! Broadly the contents covered are given below.
Day 1: Hazardous Areas, Standards & Classification
· Hazardous Area Concepts- Hazards related to Vapours, Gases & Dust
· Learning from past Incidents related to hazardous areas
· Explosion mechanisms
· Area, Material & Temperature Classification
· Hazardous Area Standards & Codes including Indian & IEC/NEC/CENELEC/ATEX
· Important Updates in above standards
· Release mechanisms, extent of releases, estimating extent of hazardous areas
· Practical exercise in Hazardous Area Classification & drawing preparation
Day 2: Hazardous Area Equipment (Electrical & Instrumentation)
· Explosion Protection philosophy for electrical & instrumentation
· Methods of Protection including Explosionproof, Intrinsic Safety (including using zener barriers & isolators in loop design), Increased Safety, Dust Ignition protection, Pressurization, Purging, Oil Immersion
· Standards & Practices related to Hazardous Area Equipment- National & International including changes in ATEX
· Differences in equipment with conformance to IEC-Ex, IS & ATEX
· Hazardous Area Equipment Specifications
· Installation of Ex protected equipment including cable glands, personal competency, certification, marking/labelling
· Inspection & Maintenance of Ex protected equipment/Testing of equipment
· Interactive Q A session
Who should attend?
Design Engineers & Consultants, Maintenance/ Operations Engineers and executives, Safety Executives and Managers, Government authorities, Instrumentation suppliers, Control System suppliers, Inspection agencies, Shipping terminal engineers and other engineering professionals who work with plants and facilities in Oil & Gas facilities, offshore installations, gas based power plants, fertilizer plants, shipping terminals, chemical plants, petrochemical plants, LNG/CNG storage and processing plants would find this workshop immensely useful.
What will you get?
1. World class vendor neutral training from expert having decades of experience in the field.
2. Training material handouts, lunch/tea/coffee & electronic Certificate of participation.
To enroll, please contact email@example.com
However if you are too busy to attend this, then you can also download our XPRTU software on Hazardous Area Instrumentation here.