Abhisam is pleased to launch its Quick Guide to Basic Functional Safety & SIL, which is being offered free for a limited time. This free functional safety book pdf guide explains eveything that you need to know about the basics of functional safety and SIL (safety integrity level). This can be used by any engineer or technical professional who wants to understand Functional Safety as used in industry.
Why is Functional Safety important today?
Functional Safety has become very important these days in all kinds of industries because of the increased use of automation to achieve safety. In the process industries such as Oil & Gas production, Petroelum refining, Chemicals manufacturing, Pulp & Paper, Food & Beverage, Power Generation, etc. functional safety plays a crucial role in ensuring safety of the assets, people and the environment.
What’s inside the functional safety book pdf?
The book covers the following topics on a broad level.
However, if you would like to understand all of this in depth, then consider taking the Abhisam Safety Instrumented Systems training course or the Functional Safety, SIL and SIS Cybersecurity Course (Level 1) now. You also get certified for free on passing the associated exam when you buy these courses.
If you would like to know how well you understand functional safety, you can take the Abhisam free Functional Safety Mock Test.
Table of Contents of the Functional Safety book pdf
- What is Functional Safety?
- What is a Hazard?
- What is Risk?
- What is Harm?
- What is Inherent Safety?
- What is Functional Safety?
- Active Systems
- What is a Safety Function?
- What is a Safety Instrumented Function?
- What is a Safety Instrumented System?
- What do we mean by Demand?
- What is the relationship between Reliability and Functional Safety?
- How do Failures affect Safety Functions?
- What types of Failures can occur?
- What is SIL? (Safety Integrity Level)
- What is the SIL of a SIS?
- So how does one decide the Safety Integrity?
- Low Demand
- High Demand & Continuous Demand
- What do we understand by the SIL Rating?
- Why is cybersecurity of the Safety Instrumented System important?
- Which are the important Functional Safety Standards?
- IEC 61508
- Industry Specific Standards
- Where does IEC 61508 apply?
- Where does IEC 61511 and ISA S84 apply?
- What do we mean by the Safety Life Cycle?
- Safety Lifecycle Phases
- Hazard and Risk Assessment
- Allocation of Safety Functions to Protection Layers
- Safety Requirement Specification
- Design and Engineering of the Safety Instrumented System
- Other means of Risk Reduction
- Installation, Commissioning and Validation
- Operation & Maintenance
- Decommissioning and Dismantling
- Functional Safety Management
- What do we mean by Functional Safety Management?
- Competency of People
- Where can I learn more?
- What is the relation between Functional Safety & Cybersecurity?
Why is this book being made available for free?
Abhisam always strives to promote knowledge related to various topics including Process Safety, Functional Safety, Industrial Cybersecurity and other topics that are not properly covered by other training providers. As a part of these efforts this book is being provided free, but only for a limited time.
How do I get certified in Safety Instrumented Systems and Functional Safety? Why should I choose Abhisam?
The easiest and cheapest way to get certified is to take any of our e-learning courses related to Functional Safety & SIL. Our courses are designed to be taken all by yourselves, without needing any online or other instructor as you can learn everything at your own pace via animations, videos, real life examples and assessments. Further for almost the same cost that other providers charge you to take their exams, we provide the course AND exam, what’s not to like? That is why we are the fastest growing provider of Functional Safety & SIL courses in the world today. Take our courses today and you will not be disappointed! Major multinational corporations all over the world have switched to Abhisam from other providers. Not only do their learners get access to the latest courses, their managers also get a dashboard that shows the progress of learners. This great if you want to comply with the Competency Management requirements of the new IEC 61511 standard.
IEC has a new publication IEC TR-61511-4: 2020 that explains about the rationale behind the changes in the latest Edition of the IEC 61511 standard. We have covered about the Competency Management requirements given in the above technical report at the link there.
How do I get this functional safety book pdf now?
Simply fill in your details to get it delivered via a download link sent to your mailbox. Do not enter a fake or temporary email ID as it will be automatically blocked and you will not receive the book.