Update: These workshops are no longer being held. Now learn Functional Safety, SIL & SIS Cybersecurity when you take the Abhisam online, self paced, Level 1, e-learning course anytime at your convenience and from anywhere via any device. No restrictions at all. Learn everything about Safety Instrumented Systems, Safety Integrity level and the latest updates regarding SIS cyber security, as given in the updates to standards IEC 61511 and IEC 61508. For more details please click here.
July 4, 2016– Abhisam is pleased to announce a new workshop that will teach engineers, technicians and safety professionals the basics of Safety Integrity Level and Functional Safety. This workshop will be held in association with Risknowlogy GmbH and will be an excellent preliminary training for doing the TUV Certified Functional Safety Professional course. This training will cover the following topics at an Introductory level.
* Functional Safety & Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS for short)
* International Standards (IEC 61508 and IEC 61511)
* Safety Life cycle
* Hazard & Risk Analysis basics
* Safety Functions-what are they?
* Failure Modes, Safe Failure Fraction
* Concepts of Demand, PFDavg, PFH, Spurious Trip Level (STL)
* Redundancy & Voting Logic, differences
* What is Safety Integrity Level (SIL) How do you determine SIL?
* Architectural Constraints
* What is SIL Verification? What is Validation?
* What is Functional Safety Assessment?
* What is Certification?
The participants need to be technically capable individuals who are working in industry or in a related field such as design engineering, project execution, etc. People working in Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Power, Engineering consultancy service organizations, safety professionals, regulatory & government authorities, automation professionals will find it extremely useful.
The Mumbai workshop will be held on 16th Aug 2016 and the Chennai workshop will be held on 22nd Aug 2016. Contact us to enroll.