About this Blended Learning Workshop
This one of a kind blended learning workshop from Abhisam is a unique learning experience.
The participants first attend the intensive 3 day classroom style workshop, lead by an Industry expert with nearly three decades of senior management experience in the process industries. All participants receive a Certificate of Completion.
After the workshop, they can continue to study online via the Abhisam Learning Portal, which have blended learning modules on every subject that is taught in the workshop.
After learners study it in depth, they can take the Abhisam online exam, that enables them to qualify for an Abhisam Competency Certificate in Process Safety and Environment Management. They also earn an electronic badge via Credly.
It is a great experience for technical professionals working in the Process Industries (Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Food & Beverage, Oil & Gas, Water & Wastewater, Pulp and Paper and Gas based Power Generation). It will be equally useful for engineering professionals working with Engineering design consultants, EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) companies and safety & government authorities that regulate these industries.
Engineers, managers and safety professionals working in the above areas can attend.
What the Blended Learning Workshop offers you
* Three day intensive training in PSM & EM
* Thirteen (13) PSM & EM modules (listed below)
* Printed Training Material
* Online Access to the relevant software based training courses for 1 year
* Certificate of Participation from Abhisam
* Process Safety & Environment Management Professional certification via exam, that leads to separate certificate and electronic badge via Credly that can be shared online on LinkedIn.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
Note that every module listed here will have a module that is also available online for reference & detailed study later.
The course will consist of the following 13 modules, covered over three days. Furthermore the participant also will get access to all modules online for an in-depth self-paced study.
Module 1: BASICS OF PROCESS SAFETY MANAGEMENT (PSM)
- Basic Concepts of Process Safety, Occupational Health and Safety, Functional Safety
- Hazards & Risks
- Accident and Loss indexes
- Inherently Safe Design
Module 2: BASICS OF ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT
- Basic Concepts of Environment Management
- Releases to Land, Air, Water and their control
- Correlation between PSM and Environmental Management
Module 3: TOXICOLOGY
- Introduction to Toxicology
- Entry of Toxicants in biological organisms
- Exit of Toxicants from biological organisms
- Types of Toxicity
- Toxicological studies
- Measurement of Toxicity
- Relative toxicity
Module 4: INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- Anticipation & Identification of workplace hazards
- Evaluation of workplace hazards
- – Threshold Limit Values (TLV) & related calculations
- – Exposure of workers to toxins, dust and noise
- Control of workplace hazards
Module 5: SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL STANDARDS | LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
- OSHA PSM (14 elements)
- EPA Risk Management Plan (RMP)
- ISO 14000 series
- Local Laws and Regulations regarding Safety & Environment
Module 6: FIRES, EXPLOSIONS
- Basics of Fires & Explosions (Fire Triangle, Flash Point, Autoignition, Ignition Energy, Adiabatic Compression & more)
- Understanding & Calculation of Explosive and Flammable Limits (LEL & UEL values)
- Explosions, Detonations, BLEVE (Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion)
Module 7: FIRE PREVENTION
- Static Electricity
- Controlling Static Electricity
- Explosion Proof Equipment and Instruments
- Sprinkler Systems
Module 8: HAZARDOUS AREA MANAGEMENT
- Hazardous Area Concepts (Liquids, Gases, Dusts)
- Area, Material & Temperature Classification basics
Module 9: CHEMICAL REACTIVITY
- Identification of Reactive Chemical Hazards
- Characterization of these hazards
- Control of these hazards
Module 10: TOXIC RELEASES, RELIEFS AND FLARE SYSTEMS
- Relief & Flaring Concepts
- Relief Types & Characteristics
- Relief Design, Sizing & Installation
Module 11: HAZARD IDENTIFICATION
- Process Hazard Checklist
- Hazard Surveys
- Hazard & Operability Studies (HAZOP)
- Safety Reviews
Module 12: RISK ASSESSMENT
- Probability Theory
- Event Trees
- Fault Trees
- Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA)
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
Module 13: SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Managing Safety
- Permit to work System
- Types of Permits
- Procedures for Safety Reviews
- Procedures for Incident Investigations
Who will be the trainer?
The training will be led by a Lead Trainer who is a Professional Chemical Engineer from ICT(UDCT), Mumbai and Post Graduate (M.Tech) from IIT Bombay with almost three decades of experience in the Process Industries with several multinational manufacturing companies. He will be assisted by other qualified trainers. This gives you an opportunity to learn from Industry experts (not just theorists) and get a chance to get your practical questions answered.
Venue: Powai (in Mumbai, India) or at Thane, India (depending on number of participants)
How to Register?
Seats are allotted on a first come, first served basis. Seats are only guaranteed if payment has been made. No door registrations will be accepted.
Every batch will have limited seats, so early registration is advised.
Once seats are full, no more registrations will be accepted.
For more details, please contact us on +91 22 21732956 or at sales [at] abhisam.com
To Register please contact us or fill and send the form here